How it Works:
The skin senses the extreme cold during a 3 minute whole body cryotherapy session and signals the brain to go into “fight or flight” mode. The body is not in any real danger as it is only the skin that is being cooled. The brain responds to this perceived threat by triggering the following responses:
- Norepinephrine and endorphins are released to increase metabolism and energy. This metabolic increase can last 3 to 5 days and may become permanent with repeated cryotherapy sessions.
- In an effort to maintain core temperature, blood rushes to the core burning 500 to 800 calories. Calories continue to burn post-treatment as the body re-heats.
The combined impact of increased metabolism and high calorie burn can lead to weight loss. Repeated, consistent cryotherapy sessions increases the metabolism in the long term, resulting in more passive calories burned and continued weight loss or maintenance.
Additional Weight Loss Benefits:
- endorphin release elevates mood, reduces anxiety, relieves insomnia and can lead to healthier choices.
- reduces fat deposits and cellulite by de-activating cold sensitive fat cells.
- enhanced blood flow stimulates fat cell detoxification and lymphatic drainage