What it is:
Asthma is a chronic disease of the airways that makes breathing difficult. Asthma is inflammation in the air passages that results in a temporary narrowing of the airways that carry oxygen to the lungs.
- Allergens, colds, environmental triggers cause the bands of muscle surrounding the airways to tighten and air cannot move freely.
- People with asthma have red and swollen bronchial tubes. This inflammation is thought to contribute greatly to the long-term damage that asthma can cause to the lungs. And, therefore, treating this inflammation is key to managing asthma in the long run.
- Highly sensitive airways: The airways of people with asthma are extremely sensitive; they overreact and narrow due to even the slightest triggers such as pollen, animal dander, dust, or fumes.
- Chest Tightness
- Shortness of Breath
- Infections such as sinusitis, colds, and flu
- Irritants such as air pollution
- Tobacco smoke
- Weather: change in temperature or humidity
- Strong emotions: anxiety, laughter or crying, stress
At Chill Cryotherapy we have a medically formulated protocol for the treatment of asthma. We offer our clients a customized inflammation reducing cryotherapy treatment program that will reduce the coughing, wheezing, and tightness associated with asthma. By reducing inflammation at the cellular level, airway narrowing is reversed and air moves more freely into the lungs. Additionally, histamine is a prominent component to allergic diseases such as asthma–allergenic triggers cause the body to release histamine which creates asthma symptoms. Whole body cryotherapy has been shown to reduce histamine production–potentially reducing the reactivity of the airways to allergen triggers. We treat adults and children over the age of 9. Parental consent and presence is required for the treatment of children under the age of 18. Please call us to discuss your treatment options for asthma: 908-228-5711 or send us an email: email@example.com