What to expect: The Chill Experience
- discuss medical history and contraindications
- check blood pressure
- discuss client’s concerns and objectives for treatment
- discuss client’s optimal time and temperature in the cryosauna
Prepare for cryotherapy in the dressing room:
- men remove all clothing except underwear
- women may wear a non-underwire bra, underwear or may remove all clothing
- clients must remove all jewelry or other metal on their body
- clients must be 100 percent dry: towels + hairdryers are provided
- put on a Chill robe, socks and clogs
- some clients hop on our exercise bike to accelerate the re-heating process
- cryotherapy reduces inflammation + activates detoxification. Some clients may experience mild flu-like symptoms 1 – 2 days after treatment. This is a good sign–your body is shedding toxins and inflammation.
- drink more water than usual to aid the detoxification process
- enjoy a deep sleep that night, reduced pain, improved mobility and good mood!
The Cryotherapy Room:
- cryotechnician reviews the safety procedures with client and provides ChillRx protective gear: clogs, gloves and ear coverings.
client chooses the temperature from 3 levels:Beginner (-162F)
**First time users will start at the beginner level
- client enters the Cryotherapy chamber and Cryotechnician activates the 3 minute session.
- clients can opt to go with or without their robe in the chamber and can opt to have the window up or down during their session.
- during the 3 minute session the chilled air vapor is evenly misted throughout the chamber for optimal results.
- cryotechnician gives verbal time cues and monitors the client every 30 seconds during the session.
- when the session ends, the client exits the cryotherapy chamber and returns to the dressing room.